Skinny 1/4" Drive

I just got the Micrometer out to check out my thinnest 1/4" drive tools.  I did these measurements by mounting a socket and measuring the thickness of the head from the thickest part, and then subtracting the depth of the socket.


My beloved Mac MR4C goes a svelte .295 inches.


My Craftsman reversible screwdriver #41469 with a ground down 1/4" adaptor went .223 inches.  Amazingly, that .07 inches has made the difference for me in a couple of spots.











My second favorite ratchet, the Snap-On THL72 is a beefy .460 inches thick,  by contrast.  I certainly don't hold that against it, but it does put things in perspective.  It is twice as thick as the Craftsman!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing nice post, When you require more components with Best Ratchet Wrench Set, better quality, beat quality, and more noteworthy expansiveness of size and style choice, consider an expert or mechanical brand. This is the class that whatever remains of this dialog is for the most part about. http://ratchetingwrenchsets.com

    ReplyDelete